Tuesday, August 02, 2005

EAST SECOND AND AVENUE C

Dead people won't do
Living bicycles in a girl's dream
The one with umbrellas
Cotton-eyed Joe
She leaves a house together
Goes to a country apart
Drinks from a decanter
Wears horse
The sky's dead too
A guy named me
Claps a hand
A caretaker who goes to Walmart
That's the trick, Flip
Then it's East Second Avenue and C Street
A few and I'm there
That's what I needed
Let's see if he's still
Let's go do
There's no going after you went
The rent Puerto Ricans pay
They'd be dancing
I can't drink anymore
It makes me nervous
I fall asleep
Right here
I can't dream anymore
That's what the girls do
Jeff advised me
30 years
Not even
I was so stupid
Did a wonderful job
I wasn't working
Blue or white
What do you do
No one answers questions
Not dead ones
Not in the ocean's roar
Where discipline lives
Last time I looked I was yelling
In the mirror
Red faced
Twisting
Like we did last summer
Yelling
Only not out loud
It's about attention
The way energy
On a summer wind
Quiet
Beyond sunset
Don't play music
Not when I'm almost
Wait until I falsify
A kiss for Daddy
The exact same stuff going on
But it's not like a dollar in the picket
What are you supposed to do with that information?
Laugh at the dead umbrellas
A girl who has not
Watches in an age of clock
Blows in a record show
Gams in a sensuous jam
Beyond beyond
A great big round of applause
Then die.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home